Everyone responds to Bowenwork according to what his or her body needs in order to heal. Often a person's body begins to respond almost immediately. In most cases, after only a few, gentle moves over muscle and other soft tissue, healing can begin on the physical, chemical, emotional, mental and energetic levels.
One does not have to be unwell to benefit from Bowenwork. It is an ideal way to help the body function at an optimal level of health and efficiency. It can assist recovery from many conditions, from traumatic injury to chronic illness, depending upon each individual's capacity to heal. It also increases one's energy, improves mood and helps with insomnia. No adverse side effects have been reported.
Bowenwork is appropriate for everyone: newborns, children, highly trained athletes, pregnant women and the eldery.
Bowenwork practitioners do not claim to diagnose or treat any of the following conditions.
The technique should be considered for:
- Back Pain and Sciatica
- Joint Problems
- Post-Op Recovery
- Acute and Chronic Injuries
- Neck/Shoulder Problems including Frozen Shoulder
- Groin Pain, Pelvic Tilt and uneven Leg Length
- RSI, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Tennis Elbow
- Digestive and Bowel Problems including IBS
- Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Knee, Ankle and Foot Problems (Plantar Fasciitis)
- Ear-ache, Ear Infections and Vertigo
- TMJ Syndrome
- Respiratory Problems and Hay Fever
- Menstrual and Hormonal Irregularities
- Sports Injuries and Accidents
- Headaches and Migraines
- Stress Related Conditions
- Anxiety and Depression
- Arthritic Pain